The goal of this examination
To detect renal, ureteral, cystic, and urethral lesions by using contrast medium and X-ray.
Attentions Before examination
- Sign the consent form
- Do not intake any food including water since the night before the examination until it is done.
- Check in at the operation room on the examination day.
Process of the examination
- A catheter will be placed into the bladder by cystoscopy.
- The catheter will be inserted into the ureter until it reaches pyelon.
- The contrast medium will be injected to pyelon through a catheter.
- We will check if there is any lesion under x-ray checkups.
Notices after the examination
- You may feel abdominal fullness and pain, uncomfortable or heat sensation during urination, or blood in urine. The symptoms mentioned above are normal. However, if symptoms are severe or persistent, you should inform us immediately.
- Drink more water after the examination to prevent you from infection.
- Analgesics if necessary to relieve discomfort.